2018 Kia Optima Windshield Wiper Replacement Instructions
Windshield wipers are an essential part of car safety. Whether it’s rain or snow, as a driver you’ll need to make sure your windshield wipers are always working properly to improve your vision and awareness when on the road. Whenever you start to get streaks and smudges, that means it’s time to consider replacing them. If you don’t, that will cause them to become increasingly more ineffective, putting you in danger on the road if you can’t see well when driving. Don’t worry though, replacing your windshield wipers is not only a cheap operation but also a very simple and quick fix too! Here at VanDevere Kia, we’ll walk you through the steps on how to replace your windshield wipers so you’re never stuck out on the road and in danger during rough weather.
How to Change the Wiper Blades on a 2018 Kia Optima
This process should, in theory, be universal for not just the 2018 Optima, but most Kia models over the past several years. However, before proceeding, it’s still recommended that you consult your owner’s manual before making any changes. Seeing as windshield wipers are a quick fix, any mistake is unlikely to cause a great amount of stress or cost. Still, to be smart and save on time and stress, please consult your vehicle guide for any hidden specifics.
- Start your 2018 Kia Optima (Or other Kia vehicle model).
- Turn your windshield wipers on.
- Turn your windshield wipers off so they are stopped, extended up and across your windshield.
- Find where the wiper blade is attached to the rest of the windshield wiper (This should be a simple latch and hook that comes apart into 2 pieces).
- Unhook and slide out the old wiper blade.
- Slide in and hook on the new wiper blade.
- Rotate the new blade back into place.
That’s it! You’re done! If you want to test it out, spray some water on your windshield to see how your new windshield wipers work!
Learn More Kia Model Information in Akron, OH
For additional vehicle information on Kia models, contact us here at VanDevere Kia. Our sales team can be reached by phone or in person at our dealership location. VanDevere Kia is located in Akron, Ohio within Summit County. Learn proper maintenance to save money and stay safe on the road!